Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Rin Along ++ Alternate Layouts


I'm back this week in the Rin Along to share some alternate layouts for your Rin quilt.  Cindy is sharing some more of her progress of her beautiful blocks over on her blog.

love to play around with alternative layouts and grids and thought you might enjoy seeing some different designs (thank you to Cindy for the idea).  These designs tend to include more negative space so you can create a good sized quilt using fewer blocks.

Some lap-sized ideas using 3, 4, and 5 blocks:






A twin-sized version using 7 blocks set on point:







6 comments:

  1. Very creative layouts. I might decide to go with one of them instead of my idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first layout with three blocks and lots of negative space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all awesome! I really like the last one, though it would be more work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat idea! I'm just making one block, but now you've got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am really drawn to the twin size with 7 block layout. I was able to get my second block basted and some stitching started on my flight home on Tuesday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!