Thursday, July 19, 2018

Modern Plus Sampler Quilt ++ My Fabrics

I am so excited that the Modern Plus Sampler has officially begun and I am looking forward to seeing all of the wonderful fabric combinations on the Facebook Group and on Instagram (#ModernPlusSamplerQuilt).

Fabric Requirements

You can find the fabric requirements here and here (and all of the Modern Plus Sampler information and posts can be found here).  We are just getting started, I hope you decide to join in!

Me + You Batik Version

For the version of the sampler I am making along with everyone, I am using some Me + You batik fabrics from Hoffman Fabrics.  I fell in love with the vibrant colors and Aaron Hoffman was super nice to send me some to play with!


I am actually still figuring out where I am going to use each fabric.  My original thought was to use the dark blue for the plus signs that form the large plus sign (Fabric C), but I am thinking of instead possibly using the red.  What do you think?

The fabrics and their codes are:

143 646 Canyon
113 63 Rose
112 68 Indigo
100 365 Tavarua
157 15 Powder
100 3 White
115 190 Ice Blue


For my test version of the sampler I used the fabric below.  I wound up using more of fabric B than listed because I did not have much of fabric F and I really just loved that text print.
Fabric A - Free Spirit solids in gray
Fabric B - Literary by Heather Givans for Windham Fabrics - Read Aloud in Cresendo
Fabric C - Mixture of black prints - mostly from Cotton & Steel
Fabric D - Moda Bella in white
Fabric E - Kona Cotton in Candy Blue
Fabric F - Cirrus Solids in amazon


I am excited to start cutting into my fabrics, I hope you are too!

I am linking up with Let's Bee Social at Lorna @ Sew Fresh Quilts and Needle and Thread Thursday at Kelly @My Quilt Infatuation.




10 comments:

  1. Great fabrics. I know I'd have to play around with the colors to decide, but having the large plus be red seems like it would be really vibrant and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the red would be great, but the navy is also. decisions decisions... I am still deciding on my fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just settled on my last two fabrics for my version. My large plus is going to be Navy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice colors, Cheryl. It depends on what you pick for fabric A. I'd go for A = ice blue and C = red or A = canyon and C= navy. I've picked my fabric for A, C and D from my stash. The others will be a scrappy mix of related colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good choice! the red would give an interesting effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your selection. Lovely colours and prints. I think red will pop, make it vibrant, but will also grab a lot of the attention. Navy Blue will act as a frame for the inner designs.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of red in the plus signs! Either way, the Hoffman batiks will be beautiful in any position!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very bold and bright fabric selection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have my fabrics chosen, but waiting on two Kona colours from my LQS (I didn't have enough).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colors. The red and orange are really going to shine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!