Thursday, December 14, 2017

Cake Slices ++ Pattern Release

You can now find Cake Slices in my pattern shop and Etsy:

Meadow Mist Designs Pattern Shop

Etsy Shop



HOW CAKE SLICES CAME TO BE

I designed Cake Slices, a layer cake friendly pattern, for the very first Quilter's Planner over 2 years ago. 

The quilt was made using a layer cake of Hello Darling by Bonnie and Camille for Moda and Kona Cotton solid by Robert Kaufman in navy. The batting used was Warm & White by the Warm Company and Aurifil thread was used in the piecing and quilting.  


ABOUT THE PATTERN

Cake Slices contains instructions for 3 sizes, baby, lap, and queen. The pattern also contains a coloring diagram of the quilt top to audition possible color schemes.



ADDITIONAL COLORWAYS

I love to play with coloring quilts, so I played around with Cake Slices to see how the quilt would look with a light background instead of the dark blue.



Many, many thanks to Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl and Paige @Quilted Blooms for their help with tech editing this pattern!

You can now find Cake Slices in my pattern shop and Etsy:

Meadow Mist Designs Pattern Shop

Etsy Shop





3 comments:

  1. Having patterns that are precut friendly are so helpful! I find I get layer cakes on occasion and never know what to do with them. I love the deep blue background on your cover quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, there’s no keeping up with you! Another great new pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the difference in the two versions. It is a great pattern for a precut - always good to have on hand - your patterns and a good precut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!