Monday, September 18, 2017

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Arrow Point Path



It's that time of the year again...each fall, Amy, who blogs over at Amy's Creative Side, hosts the Blogger's Quilt Festival on her blog.  We are allowed to link up two quilts and have the opportunity to visit and be inspired by other blogger's wonderful quilts.  

My second entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival is Arrow Point Path, a quilt I made for Quilt Theory.  Quilt Theory was formed back in February 2016 from tight-knit group of like-minded quilters collaborating to create simple and modern quilt patterns.  All of our patterns are printed on 4"x6" cards (also available on 1 page pdfs) and we will be releasing our third collection in just about a month. 

Photograph by Michelle Bartholomew

Arrow Point Path has a really fun design that is created using a simple block that is repeated and rotated within the quilt top.  My son said that he really liked the design because it made his eyes do funny things :)

Photograph by Michelle Bartholomew

I quilted Arrow Point Path in an swirl/paisley type design using 40wt white (color 2024) Aurifil thread.  I liked the effect of using the 40wt (versus my usual go to 50wt) because it made the quilting stand out just a bit more to give the quilt some good texture.

Photograph by Michelle Bartholomew

Quilt Stats

Size: 60" x 70"
Fabrics: Cotton Couture solids by Michael Miller.  
Thread: Aurifil 40 wt in white (2024)
Batting: Warm & White by the Warm Company
Quilting Patterns: Large paisley shapes
You can find the Arrow Point Path pattern on the Quilt Theory website.

My other entry for the Fall 2017 Blogger's Quilt Festival is Taste the Rainbow, you can read about it right here.

Here are my entries for the Blogger's Quilt Festival over the years:

Fall 2016: State of Being
Fall 2016: Canvas Lines





Spring 2015: Use Your Illusion




Fall 2014: Vintage Star


Spring 2014: Kona 2013 Quilt

Spring 2014: Improv Quilt Two


Fall 2013: Pi Quilt


For those that are new to my blog, please check out the Magnolia Mystery Quilt (my 4th annual mystery quilt), we are just getting started!






38 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love Arrow Point Path! I actually made that quilt top using a mix of purple-on-purple fabrics, and I haven't gotten around to quilting it yet because, well, I love it so much there's that fear of messing it up! Great pattern Cheryl, and I love how Quilt Theory's quilt patterns are so reasonably priced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are simply phenomenal. I looked back over the quilts listed, and am in awe. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the colors of this quilt! It reminds me of vivid sea glass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt! The photo shots are stunning. All in all a beautiful quilt in a beautiful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very modern and chic quilt. I can see why your son likes this quilt. Love the picture and the picturesque setting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The design is fantastic and the colors are so soothing, Cheryl. Plus, it's always fun to get to see such amazing quilt photography. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Your colour choices are wonderful so fresh! Great design x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great, modern design! This is just what I need for a quilt request from my nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning quilt. Looks complex in the design and the color variation. The mountain photograph is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors remind me of sea glass. I love that combination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great design.Love your fabric combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a striking design Allison! I love the calm and cool colour palette you used! It reminds of icicles, so its fitting that you photographed it with a snowy back drop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is wonderful. I like the simplicity of the the blocks and the way they are used to make such an interesting design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, Cheryl! I always love seeing what you come up with! Brilliant design with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful in its simplicity Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know exactly what your son means! Mine, too. It's beautiful, and I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of your quilts are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such soothing colors beautiful quilting

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do not believe there is a pattern you've designed Cheryl that I don't find myself going LOVE!! My favourite colours here to boot. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous colours and what an interesting fractured design! Great work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is such a beautiful design and I love the colours you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love it! This quilt is very effective and certainly stands out from the crowd. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your son's got it right. It's a fun and dynamic design. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how the simplicity of this block produces such a dynamic overall design.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love how the simplicity of this block produces such a dynamic overall design.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the pattern link! Awesome graphic quilt. Spectacular photo shoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really really really love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cheryl this is my kind of quilt. Love the white with those colors. I think I have this pattern, need to go and find it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Love this one! I actually looked at the thumbnail without reading and thought it must be one of Cheryl's quilts. Funny, how our quilts start to define us.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Cheryl,
    I love the graphics! It's a simple block but your arrangement gives the illusion of complexity. Just beautiful!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  31. A bit too late to vote, but this quilt is stunning Cheryl! You are such a talented designer. :)
    The photo set in the mountains could not be more perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!