Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes - November Goal

I started the year off really well, setting and reaching my A Lovely Year of Finishes the first few months of the year but then I fell off the wagon.  I am hopping back on this month with the goal of finishing my lap size version of Looking Glass.


I am making the lap version of Looking Glass using some of the red and pink colorway of Greenfield Hill by Denyse Schmidt to test an additional size quilt for my pattern.  The quilt will be a charity quilt for my local quilt guild.

This are not really my go to colors, I tend to gravitate more towards the truer, less muddy colors, but I hope that once the quilt is all put together I like the color scheme a bit better.

Right now I have finished the blocks and now I have to sew the blocks together, add the sashing, bast, quilt, and bind the quilt.

Wish me luck :)

I'm Linking up to WIP at Freshly PiecedBlossom Heart QuiltsQuilt Story Fabric TuesdayA Lovely Year of Finishes, and Let's Bee Social over at Sew Fresh Quilts.
 



8 comments:

  1. I think it looks quite nice! Maybe you've "fallen off the wagon" because you've been busy writing patterns?

    btw, I will be starting quilting mine any day now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I am sure the quilt will turn out great once it is all put together! The great thing is it will be up for donation... however in these quilts I end up really falling in love with each fabric which in turn still makes it hard to give up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be so pretty once you have the top together. It's so nice that you're making it for charity - whoever receives it will be very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though right now you may not love this fabric palette, it's amazing how much better a quilt looks when it's done than when the parts are in work. I'm sure it will be lovely and it's great that you're donating it to your guild's charity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These aren't at all my colours but the reason I clicked through (from Lets Bee Social) was that I liked how they looked! Sometimes it's kind of fun to make something you wouldn't normally come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the colors look great and you might be surprised when it is all done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great so far! What color are you going to use for the background?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!